AcmeBase can be downloaded here: acmebase-latest.tar.gz.
This version of AcmeBase is free software. It is licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
An annotated list of the AcmeBase files and their locations can be found at http://www.acmebase.org/acmebase_files.htm.
AcmeBase installs as an Apache website and requires a Postgres or MySQL database. Extract the download file into the web site directory and edit the following configuration files before executing any programs.
The shell script
clone/setupdb is used to setup and initialize
the system. It has several settings that need to be edited before executing.
etc/site.conf is the primary system configuration file. It
also needs to be edited before executing
Refer to the
clone/README.txt file for more instructions on
how to set up the system.
The main documentation files are in
The following steps should be done on the target computer before extracting files from the downloaded tar file.
- Set up the Postgres software and initialize the database.
- Create a Postgres database for the company.
- Set up a system user who will "own" the company's database.
- Change to be the database user just created.
- Create a directory to be the web site's root directory.
- Change your current directory to the directory just created.
- Extract files from tar ball:
$ tar xvzf acmebase-latest.tar.gz